Looking After Your Details
YOUR PRIVACY IS IMPORTANT TO US
At Buchan + Associates Ltd we take your privacy very seriously and are committed to protecting the privacy and security of our clients. We fully appreciate and respect the importance of data protection and security on the Internet.
- how we collect and use your information
- how we share your information
- how long we keep your information and how it is stored
- our approach to sensitive personal information
- your choices and rights you may have in relation to your personal information
- how we communicate changes to this Policy
We are happy to provide any additional information or explanation needed and/or answer any questions you may have, please contact us.
Date updated 26/04/2019
We are Buchan + Associates Limited, a company incorporated in Scotland under company number SC241674, with our registered address as First Floor, 227 West George Street, Glasgow, G2 2ND.
How do we collect information from you?
We obtain information that you provide to us when you use our website, for example:
- When you contact us via our website or social media;
- Fill in forms on our Site, for example to leave feedback or respond to a survey;
- You register to receive our newsletter;
- You register to download our “Leadership thought pieces” or
- You collaborate with us on a case study which is then published on our website
Type of information collected from you
The personal information we collect might include your name, address, phone number, email address, IP address, and your browser type and language, access time, and referring website addresses. We may also collect information about the pages you view within our site and other actions you take while visiting us.
How we use your information
We will use your information in the following ways:
- Answer your request for a service, a call back, or specific materials.
- Carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered by you and us.
- Seek your views or comments on our services or ask you to help us with our market research.
- Notify you of changes to our services.
- Provide you with information or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- Fulfil your request to “Email This Page” to a friend or colleague. We will use their name and e-mail address, to send them a one-time e-mail sharing the page you indicated but will not use the information for any other purposes.
- Ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Do business with us if you are a supplier or a business partner.
Who has access to your information?
We will not sell or rent your information to third parties nor will we share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
Third Party Service Providers working on our behalf
We may pass your information to our third-party service providers, business partners, financial institutions, so they can complete tasks or provide the service you have requested. However, when we use third party service providers, we disclose only the personal information that is necessary to deliver the service.
Every external company we work with has a contract with us which clearly sets out our expectations and requirements in handling personal information and obligates them to meet these standards and those contained in the GDPR.
How long we keep your information
We review our retention periods for personal information on a regular basis and only hold your personal information on our systems, so that
- we provide you with a service;
- for as long as you subscribe to receive our newsletter; or
- to comply with any legal obligations that require us to keep information, or for as long as we reasonably require for our legitimate interests, including for example for the purposes of exercising our legal rights or defending ourselves against claims.
If you do not wish us to hold your information, contact us email@example.com
Sensitive personal or commercial information
We do not seek to collect commercial or sensitive personal (i.e. information relating to race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or other beliefs, trade union membership, physical or mental health, sexual orientation or criminal records) information. We ask that you do not provide such information to us.
You have a choice about whether you wish to receive information from us. We will not contact you for marketing purposes by email, phone, text message or post unless you have given your prior consent.
You may at any time choose not to receive email notifications and/or marketing materials from us by following the unsubscribe instructions included in each e-mail or newsletter you may receive, or by indicating so when we call you, or by contacting us directly.
The accuracy of your information is important to us. If your email address, or any of the other information we hold changes, is inaccurate or out of date, please let us know as soon as possible.
You have the right to ask for a copy of the personal information we hold about you.
Security precautions in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of your information
When you give us personal information, we take steps to ensure that it’s treated securely. Personal data such as your email address etc. are transmitted normally over the Internet, and this can never be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your information, we use all reasonable endeavours to ensure its security on our systems.
We make no attempt to identify individual users. You should be aware however, that access to web pages will generally create log file entries in the systems of your Internet Service Provider (ISP) or network services provider. These entities may identify the client computer equipment used to access a page. Such monitoring would be done by the provider of network services and is out with our responsibility or control.
Cookies we use
Our website uses the following cookies:
Session Cookie: is transient and exists in temporary memory while you are navigating our website. These cookies delete themselves automatically when you leave the Site or when you shut down your browser.
Persistent cookies: allow the website to recognise users when you return to the site and to remember certain information about your preferences. These cookies are cookies which stay on your computer permanently, until you “manually” delete them.
Social Media Third Party Cookies
Deleting or blocking Cookies
Most browsers allow you to turn off cookies. To do this, look at the ‘help’ menu on your browser or visit http://www.allaboutcookies.orgto find out how to configure these settings on several major browsers. You can also visit the EU-based Your Online Choiceswebsite, which will show you the cookies and similar technologies currently in use on your browser, and allow you to opt-out of these. Switching off cookies may restrict your use of our website and/or delay or affect the way in which it operates.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites run by other organisations. To allow you to interact with other websites on which you may have accounts (such as LinkedIn and other social media sites) or join communities on such sites, we may provide links or embed third-party applications that allow you to login, post content or join communities from our websites.
Transferring your information outside of Europe
As part of the services offered to you through this website, the information which you provide to us may be transferred to countries outside the European Union (“EU”). By way of example, this may happen if any of our servers are from time to time located in a country outside of the EU. These countries may not have similar data protection laws to the UK. By submitting your personal data, you’re agreeing to this transfer, storing or processing. If we transfer your information outside of the EU in this way, we will take steps to ensure that appropriate security measures are taken with the aim of ensuring that your privacy rights continue to be protected as outlined in this Policy.
If you use our services while you are outside the EU, your information may be transferred outside the EU to provide you with those services.
Changes to this policy
We may change this Policy from time to time. If we make changes, we will notify you by revising the date at the top of this Policy. If the changes are significant, we may provide you with additional notice such as adding a statement to the homepage of the Site or send you an e-mail with the update.
Please check this Policy regularly to stay informed about our information practices and the ways you can help protect your privacy.